Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 10 - WC Reality Boot Camp

Ok, so it is really really really hard to get back in the groove. Last week I set my mind to not give up until I get my 5 contacts and I didn't. As I didn't go out over the weekend, it has now become doubly hard to talk to anyone. After you get so many rejections, you just don't want to open your mouth again. You start to analyze everyone you look at, then your mind starts to play tricks with you and it just gets exhausting. So after two hours of this at the mall I decided to just start walking and look at everyone and if I make eye contact, then just say "Hi" or say "Hi, how are you" and if anyone began talking to me then I would work towards introducing My Power Mall. Well, that didn't work very well. I found that most people will say "Hi" back to you and just keep walking and even those who are kinda lingering will say "Hi" but the conversation doesn't go much further than that. I don't want to use this as a crutch, but I have to break the barrier somehow and I figure that if I can just get comfortable at saying "Hi" and say it all the time, then it will become second nature and if the conversation continues, then I will be soooooooooo glad. The other thing I struggle with is that for the most part I am not shopping for anything and so I think that I begin to feel as if I am stalking people rather than letting the experience be natural and then I begin to stress over it. Let's face it, I really do not have anything to shop for because I have already completed my shopping and I did it in My Power Mall and the Malls of my children and grandchildren. Wait, I almost forgot...I have not yet purchased gifts for my dad, step mother, sister and brother-in-law; however, I do not have to go out shopping for them either as they are all getting American Express Gift Cards that will probably be purchased within my teen age daughters Power Mall so that they can go out and spend it on what they need to spend it on. No, I'm not worried that any of them may hear about what they are getting because my dad and step mother do not have a computer and my sister and brother-in-law have a computer, but they can't get online because my sister did something to it and they have not been able to figure it out or get the help to figure it out. Anyway, did I get my 5 contacts at the mall? Unfortunately, not...but I will not give up. I did however have a chance to speak with a nice lady at the gas station and gave her an invitation card but she did not have an email address but gave me her name and phone number and said that this sounds like something that her husband might would be interested in. I seem to be getting plenty of the partial contacts this week as this I believe was the 6Th one. In the end, I returned home dejected but spent some time at my desk regrouping my thoughts and then began to work on some leads that I had prior to the beginning of this boot camp and finally got my 5 contacts. I am still without any sign ups but I am determined to carry on.

Why continue? I believe in this business and get the total picture as vividly as if it were imprinted in black and white upon my desk. Screeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach! Wait just a minute. I just got it! It just came to me that I am focusing on the wrong thing. Even as I am writing this blog, I am thinking about the rejections. I seem to be focused on why all the no's and not interested rather than the power of 5. Ok, I resolve to wipe the slate clean and go out tomorrow with a focus on the power of 5 and that my goal is to obtain 5 contacts today and I think that I will turn all my no's and not interested into nope, not the right person. Yeah, I think that sounds better and it just might work for me. Until tomorrow...

Have an awesome day on purpose!

No comments: