Friday, December 5, 2008

Day 12 - WC Reality Boot Camp

TGIF! Today was challenging again. We had a great call with Ginny this morning and I am working on changing my outlook. It is still a little stressful as I am trying to get my chat on, but all in all I do believe that I am beginning to get a little bit more comfortable with at least getting a conversation going. There have been a few times that I have not been able to bring My Power Mall into the conversation but I feel like that is ok because I am still learning to converse with strangers. I found that even though I went out each day last week and secured 5 contacts each day, I am finding in the follow up process that many did not give me their real information and that is ok. I can still count them as my skill training exercises. I did have a contact return my call today and he said that he was still interested but just hasn't had a chance to take a look at the online presentation and I sent him an e-mail with the link to the business website and will continue to follow up with him.

I did go out this evening for 4 hours and was able to get one solid contact using the three question script of 1) if you had it, what would you do with an extra $2000? 2) what would you do with an extra $2000 per month)? Then a brief explanation of the Reality Boot Camp and My Power Mall rebate shopping mall and American Express Gift Card program and then 3) would you mind giving me your name, phone number, and e-mail address so I can get you more information? Here is my invitation card with my contact information and my business presentation website and by the way, when would be the best time to give you a call to follow up with you? I was speaking to a young couple with three children and the husband is in the military and her response was yeah but we are military. I responded with, my daughter and son-in-law is too. In keeping it plain and simple, do you buy groceries? She said yes. I then asked her if she knew of at least 5 people who buy groceries, to which she said no, I only know of 2. Then her husband said yes, I know of a number of people who do. Then his wife wrote down her information for me and said that I could call them anytime this weekend to follow up with them and that they would take a look at the website.

This was the first time I used this approach and I found that I really like it. I have been meaning to use it all week, but kept leaving the script note at home and I have been too nervous to use it without being able to review it. I left the house again today without it and just told myself that I had read it enough and to just try it. I believe this is a powerful way to introduce My Power Mall to people as I could see that she was already thinking of what she could do with the extra money and I think that is why people are more inclined to give out their information. They are already in the mode of creating their why to do this business. Most other people I spoke with tonight I had used the original script and wasn't getting anywhere so that is why I just decided to just give the new script a try and yes, I did flub up a little bit but was still able to get the contact and have a nice conversation with this couple. It was getting late so I had to get home but I still needed to work on getting 4 more contacts so I brought out my lead contact list and began to make phone calls to get them. I know some say you don't have to stop at five, but when I have spent 4 hours working on it, when I reach that 5Th contact, I am ready to say this is good. At least I am still creating momentum and I have reached my goal and I know that if I work at getting my 5 per day then I am making progress. A day will come, when I go out and find it as easy as 123 to get 5 and more contacts. It will be like second nature and I wont even be thinking about it because it will just happen naturally...that is the day I am looking forward to. How long will it take to get there? I don't know, everyone is different. All I know is...there are participants in this boot camp who are finding it easier to complete the process and get 5 and more contacts per day and if they can do it, then I know that I can do it too. I will not be slacking off this weekend...until next time...

Have an awesome day on purpose!

No comments: