Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 11 - WC Reality Boot Camp

Today is my father's birthday. He turned 75 years old. I am so grateful to have him as my daddy. He has been a great dad and I love him dearly. My daughters both say that they have the best grandfather that anyone could ever hope for. My dad told me today that his doctor says that he should be able to live to be 100 years old. To which I responded "good, I'll accept that as I am not yet ready to let go". You see, for the boot camp, I chose to promote a business for my dad who is retired with just a small fraction of his retirement savings left leaving them vulnerable to being wiped out in an emergency situation. He doesn't know it yet, but when the time comes, I will present him with a nice gift as a token of my appreciation of the years he spent working 7 days a week and up to 12 hours per day and even more during the harvest. Yes, he was a farmer who worked his way up to Superintendent of Farms for a Family Farming Company who had ranches, orchards, and vineyards covering a large area of central California. He has been retired now for only 3 years. Building a business for my dad also supports a Foundation that gives scholarships for college, emergency funds for single parents, support for a youth shelter and a local food bank. I am honored to be a member of a business that not only gives itself but allows each and every one of us to give in return to make a difference. Together We Can Change The World.

Well not much happened according to plan today except for scheduled meetings. I was supposed to go out to some stores this afternoon as I have a gift that I need to exchange because I ordered it in the wrong color. Just when I thought I had that one right, wouldn't you know it...my teen age daughter decided that she now likes............oops! I better not say this one just yet. She just might decide to read my blog and then she would have a pretty good idea of what's in store for her. Anyway, my other daughter had gone out to do some quick shopping and took longer than planned. Needless to say, one thing pushed into another until you guessed it, I ran out of time. I only had a few minutes to run into a store to get fish food and I thought I would try to get at least one contact, but the only words I could get out of my mouth were "Hi". I got back to the house in time for dinner and my evening meeting and since I wouldn't be able to go back out this evening, I decided to once again go into some contact info I had prior to boot camp and was able to find my 5 contacts. Now on the phone and even in person, people sound like they are pretty interested and say that they will view the presentation, but so far it doesn't appear to be happening. I will have to continue with follow up calls and short teaser e-mails like "do you buy groceries and gasoline" and "do you know 5 people who buy groceries and gasoline" and would you like to know how to get a rebate and make money on your purchases and your friends purchases" and see how the response is. Another idea for a teaser e-mail would be "do you spend $100 and more per month on gasoline" and "do you know 5 people who spend $100 and more per month on gasoline" and would you like to know how you can get $25 per month of free gasoline over the course of 1 year? That's a total of $300 in gas purchases for free! So, I'll keep on stirring the pot (follow up on contacts) and adding more seasoning (5 contacts) until the recipe is just right (10 people to work with). Tomorrow I am going to try to get out to get my exchange done early and I also have to go to the post office and with any luck, I'll come home the first time with my 5. Until then...

Have an awesome day on purpose!

No comments: