Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 5 - WC Reality Boot Camp

Hi!

Sorry for such a late post! I just realized that in all the hoopla and still problems with uploading a video to YouTube, I missed posting my blog for last Friday, November 28th.

First I want to say that I truly hope that everyone reading this blog had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! I know that I am very Thankful for my family, friends, renewed friendships, acquaintances, business associates, and for My Power Mall and Together We Can Change the World, Inc. and the opportunities that this business offers to each and everyone who gets the vision and makes a decision to make a difference in their world and the world around them.

Black Friday, was a very busy day. You would think that it would be rather easy to get many contacts on this auspicious day with most everyone out shopping and taking advantage of the sales and specials from merchants.

Our family went to a Christmas Tree Farm somewhere near Raleigh, NC and it was so much fun. We came home with a most beautiful tree to decorate. I thought that it would be easy to chat with some people there but most people were more interested in finding the just right tree. I went on a hayride with my grandchildren thinking maybe I could approach someone then. But to my surprise, no one would even make eye contact. A nice lady sitting next to me told me a little about the Tree Farm but when she finished she turned back to her daughter so I decided to enjoy the ride with my grandchildren.

On our way home from the Tree Farm we stopped at a Wal Mart and once again I found it hard to approach people. Most people seemed to be in such a hurry that I felt I would be interfering in their progress if I interrupted them and some people were involved in group conversations about choosing this or that and so on with so much hustle and bustle and no interest in chatting with a stranger. The first several times that I did get in a "Hi my name is Susan", I was quickly cut off with "I'm not interested".

What to do? I decided to just practice smiling at everyone I made eye contact with and just say Hi! At least some people smiled back and said Hi as they whisked by and soon thereafter I decided to call it quits for a while and go on home.

At home, it was decorating the Christmas Tree time and soon we realized that we needed a few more supplies, so guess who said yes to going out to the store. I still needed to get my five contacts so off I went to a different Wal Mart. Yes, this seems to be our favorite store too. I'm glad I went as it was in the evening and more people seemed to be responding and I was able to complete my five contacts for the day and had a great conversation with an Army Mom shopping with her two sons. She will be deploying next year and I would be honored if she chose to become a member. I am very grateful to all the men and women who give of their lives every day in the Military for our Country and our Freedom.

I have sent out follow up emails to my contacts so far this week and have tried to make contact on the phone to no avail so I will continue to make phone calls on Monday the 1st of December and may even send out ecards as well. I have received some hits on the biz site, but no members have signed up yet. The operative word here it Yet!

Until next time, have an awesome day on purpose! :o)

No comments: