Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 9 - WC Reality Boot Camp

I am working on catching up my blogs. Things seem to be working now so here it goes!

December 2, 2008

After Monday I was really hoping for a better day. In many ways it was better. I had a number of people say they were not interested and then a couple of people who said that they might would be interested but was uncomfortable about giving me their contact information so I gave them my invitation so that they could still take a look at My Power Mall and if interested, they would have my contact information and I invited them to follow along with our blogs.

I met a really nice lady at Wal Mart in the Deli Section where they also serve the prepared food. The cashier asked to help me and I said that this lady and gentleman were here before me but they all said that they were waiting. Wal Mart didn't have what I was looking for and when I turned to leave with my grandson, I said to the lady "by the way, it must be pretty good if you are willing to wait for it. She said that it was and proceeded to tell me all about it. We had a really nice conversation and it lead to me sharing My Power Mall with her. She told me that she didn't know a single thing about computers and wouldn't even know the first thing about how to go about getting an email address. I chuckled and told her that was ok. Then she said but my daughter does and she could get on it and I could look at it with her. She didn't know her daughters email address so just gave me her name and phone number. This was a very comfortable conversation and I really enjoyed talking with her.

I had a very similar experience when my grandson and I went to McDonald's for lunch. My grandson doesn't get to play with other boys very much since he has two sisters and since there was a little boy there playing, I decided to hang around awhile to let them play. Eventually I began speaking with the other little boys grandmother and I was able to introduce My Power Mall during our conversation and had the same experience with her about not doing anything with computers but she has a teen age daughter who does and so she gave me their names and phone number as she didn't know her daughters email and we are going to meet up again next Tuesday at McDonald's for play time for the boys. A young man came in and sat with the nice lady I was talking to and he became interested and ... you guessed it! I got my full contact with this one! I am looking forward to following up with everyone I spoke with today. This was by far my most comfortable day so far and maybe that's the secret ingredient, being in a comfortable conversation. Time will tell. It seems to be harder to get back in the groove of achieving 5 contacts per day once you missed a couple of days especially since it was not so easy to begin with. I think I have learned my lesson and will just tell myself that I have somewhere to go and someone to talk to each and every day. Until next time...

Have an awesome day on purpose!

No comments: